I visited two different showrooms before deciding on our new bathroom tile - 12" x 12" Arabescato Marble.
I was ready to give up after my last post, and that only involved laying out the tile to see how everything fits! This is an important step, as we were able to adjust after finding the center when we realized that six tiles fit perfectly across the widest part of the room. All it involved was shifting our new "center" line 2 inches to the right, and we saved ourselves from having to cut all of those tiles.
So, once we marked off our two straight lines, we began to apply mortar and tile. It is important to work your way out from the center, as this ensures that all the tiles are straight & you only have to cut tiles along the edges.
Derby is always all up in our business, and there is no reason to think that construction would stop her. My friend Bethany commented on a previous post calling Derby our project manager - so true!
We laid all of the full sized tile and called it a night. We had to rent a tile saw, so I wanted to have everything marked and measured so that when hubs came home from work, it would be ready to go. I followed my friend Emily's blog, O'Apostrophe, for the numbering & cutting tile process - it was a life saver!
He came home & we got to work. He with the cutting and me with the running up and down the stairs with the tiles. I have to say that we really are a great team :)
It took less than 2 hours from start to finish. It was so much better than what I thought it was going to be! All of the cut tiles are now in place & ready for grout. I plan to finish the grout today & will paint this weekend. It will be a whole new look come Monday!
My Pinterest page has all of my bathroom inspiration projects. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone!