A big THANK YOU to Amy over at The Nifty Foodie for bestowing me with The Versatile Blogger award. She is an awesome cook and quilter and has tons of recipes and patterns for you to try out. Plus, she has the cutest dog, Millie, who looks a lot like our Derby girl!
With this award, I am supposed to pass the award on to 5 other bloggers, and list 7 things that you guys might not know about me. It's just for fun, so I thought I'd play along!
I hereby crown the following 5 Bloggers:
& 7 things about me (these are always really hard!):
1. Echoing Amy's thoughts, I was TERRIFIED of dogs when I was little. Terrified! We had a mutt at some point & my sister and I refused to play outside if the dog was out there. Fed up, my mom forced us to go outside...only to find both of us standing on the swing set, too afraid to come down. Another time, I was taking a walk with my grandpa when we encountered someone walking their dog. I started clawing at his leg shouting "nee-nee" (which meant, pick me up!) over and over. He had no idea that nee-nee meant "pick me up NOW" until we got home & he explained it to my mom. Now? I love every. single. dog. that I see. If I had the space for more, we would have more! My sister still isn't convinced, but there's still hope for her yet ;)
2. I've mentioned this before, but I am a vegetarian. It started in my late teens with cutting out red meat and evolved to cutting out chicken and turkey. Today, if forced to choose, I would eat a burger over a chicken breast any day. Chickens creep me out.
3. Speaking of chickens, I am terrified of birds. I actually tried therapy for this phobia with some level of success. I no longer jump into traffic to avoid the rats with wings, but will dodge them on the sidewalk. The way they dart around & that I have no control over it is what freaks me out. It took me awhile to be able to use a down comforter without feeling like I was being smothered...and now I love it :)
4. I don't know how to roller skate/blade or ice skate. I'm clumsy enough with my 35" inseam, I have no business being on wheels or blades. Never learned to do it as a kid, either!
5. If I could design all day, every day, I would be blissfully happy. I truly LOVE everything about home design and work very hard at Bien Living Design. It can sometimes be stressful and I sometimes have insecurities, but I work on that all the time to try to be the best designer I can be. It sounds cheesy, but it is the truth!
6. I LOVE watching TV. It bothers me when people say "oh, I don't watch TV", mainly because I think to myself "you don't know what you're missing!!!". I love all types of shows, too, from Top Chef to 24 to Grey's Anatomy and Glee. TV makes me happy and I am not afraid to admit it.
7. I also read like a fiend. For example, our book club is doing 3 books this month instead of 1, like most normal people :) And while we're reading these, I've also read quite a few others. When I am into a good book, I actually don't mind waiting for the train, if it's delayed, etc. :)
So, there you have it!